Thursday 10 May 2012

Post-script for previous post

I just realized that my previous post might have sounded a little impersonal and maybe a little unnecessarily mean towards Bristol Palin. 


I might have sounded like a pretentious Canadian with my head up my ass because look I've got health care and good beer and all that shit.




But my previous post was not meant to put anyone down or trivialize American politics and American culture. And Bristol Palin, I understand that you are young and grew up in circumstances that shaped your beliefs. I may not agree with you, but I admire you for voicing your opinions on the matter. I just hope you're open to seeing it from our perspective in the near future and think them valid.


I genuinely find these things fascinating and interesting and it is personal to me. I am definitely open to marriage, so Obama's statement does mean a lot to me. I don't have American citizenship, but I've noticed a strange trend in which I do fall in love with Americans.


For example, there's Megan Rapinoe (of course), Sarah Croce (aka sex on legs), Amber Heard and that-one-beautiful-girl-that-I-can't-exactly-name-because-if-she-ever-found-this-blog-I-would-be-humiliated-as-fuck-and-just-die-a-slow-and-painful-death-of-atrocious-and-unrestricted-embarrassment (you can kind of tell that I've kind of thought about her a lot. Kind of).


So yeah, Obama's stance is wonderfully liberating to me, because in the off-chance that I don't marry a man or a Canadian girl and instead marry one of the above, I would like it if we had the option of marrying either in Canada or in the States.


I mean, it's just nice to know that there will be a choice. And freedom is all about having choices, yes?


So thank you, America, and keep it up. You've got my full blessing and support and I hope for nothing but the best for you. You are all awesome and lovable and you all deserve to get married without having to trudge all the way up to Canada to do it.




And as a Canadian, I think your women are gorgeous and therefore your politics are DEFINITELY relevant to my interests ;)


Sincerely,


Me

No comments:

Post a Comment