Wednesday 11 July 2012

V-A-N-C-O-U-V-E-R

This is a post about my hometown and the people that I live around.




Here's my list of Shit Vancouverites Say, brought to you by real life comments I've heard from the locals I spend all my time with. This post is dedicated to them.


So, without further ado, here is some authentic Vancouver dialogue.


1. The Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this season. NO REALLY THEY WILL.
2. I'm not saying I hate Americans, but...
3. I'm driving across the border for cheese, gas, booze and junk food. Anyone want to join me?
4. Nickelback? No, they don't go here.
5. IT'S TOO COLD OUTSIDE.
6. IT'S TOO HOT OUTSIDE.
7. I HATE THE RAIN.
8. WE HAVEN'T HAD RAIN IN TWO WEEKS. THE WHOLE CITY'S GONE TO SHIT.
9. Just because it smells like weed....doesn't mean it smells like weed.
10. Terminally single? Yes, let's be lonely together.
11. I got hit by a bus today when I forgot that Granville Street is still a street.
12. I'm considering moving to Alberta. Downside is, I'd have to actually live in Alberta.
13. If I could do any Canuck player, past or present, it would be Trevor Linden. Yeah. Definitely.
14. FREE RIDE ON THE 99 B-LINE YEEEEAAAHHHH.
15. Saw a Hollywood celebrity on the street the other day. NO1CURR.
16. Saw Garry Valk on the street the other day. FLIPPED MY SHIT.
17. Steal my bike? I beat your ass.
18. ~Watches an American movie filmed in Vancouver but masked as Seattle~ HAHAHAHA SEATTLE ONLY LOOKS GOOD WHEN IT'S VANCOUVER HAHAHAHAHA ROFL ROFL LOL ROFL.
19. Yes, that is a Z 95.3 sticker on my car. Yes, I have five of them. 
20. I'm not a hipster. I'm just from Vancouver. And no, they are not synonymous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment