Sunday 22 April 2012

Sorry, Vancouver

You know what's worse than watching your hockey team lose a playoff series?


Watching them cry.


Then crying myself.


I love those boys and always will. 


So ok, it's been over 40 years. And ok, we've been so close so many times yet so far. And ok, it is very frustrating. And ok, sometimes you just want to pull your hair out and kick some furniture and jump on another bandwagon.


Just so you can feel what it's like to win.


Winning brings people together. It fuels pride and synthesizes identity.


But commitment to a sport isn't about winning. It's about loving your team even when they do lose. It's about believing they can win even when they don't.


This is why I can't ever not love them, and why it breaks me every time something like this happens. This is why I'm already counting down the days until next season. This is why, win or lose, I can't wait to see them play again.


It's blind love, I know. It's Canadian hockey.


No comments:

Post a Comment